What Unconventional Indian Means To Me

Image: Trapper Creek, Alaska. August 2015. The Wilderness and Nature in Alaska remind me what really matters in Life. To feel Free. To feel Wild. I relax into myself when I am in Nature. So grateful for every moment in nature. Every. Moment. 


Greetings my friends. It has been quite a while since I have posted. This morning, I felt pulled to revive this blog. So here I am. Reviving. And Re-Committing to my voice. It's the beginning of 2018 and I didn't plan to make any specific new years resolutions. With that said, I am finding that there are resolutions that want to be made.

For one, I want to honor God's plan for my Life this year. I try to do this every day of every year really. And I do the same at the start of this year. Putting my life in God's hands and letting it unfold in the way that it is meant to. I do believe that most of the time, I need to get out of the way. Instead of trying to make things happen in the way I want them to, I am much better off doing what my heart feels pulled to do and letting go of the rest. Letting go and lifting outcomes up to God.

My heart is feeling pulled to express itself. Via writing, posting vlogs on my youtube channel and being more active on my instagram account. My heart is feeling pulled to re-focus and to shift my perspective. This morning, I felt I need to shift my thinking. Mainly with regards to which work I choose to prioritize. I have a part-time, traditional, job. And I feel like the past few years, I have been prioritizing this job over the call of my heart. This job was really meant to be a side gig, and with it being part time, I intended to spend my free time on playing and doing what my heart feels called to do. This entails sharing moments of my life via various social media outlets, going outside in nature, making time to chill and do nothing, making time to cook yummy food and just being present and peaceful. What I have come to realize is that this part time job has taken up full time space in my head. And I am certainly NOT okay with that. I have allowed the stress of this part time job to monopolize my attention.

Well, it stops now. I think the reason that I felt compelled to revive this blog this morning is because my heart wants to be heard and seen by me. It is fed up with being ignored. And I don't want to ignore it. I don't want my default to be ignoring my heart. I no longer want to stress about a job that was meant to be a peripheral part of my life. With that said, I am Re-Comitting. I want to shift my perspective. So that I keep in the forefront of my mind what really matters - my heart, the youtube channel, this blog and sharing my heart. THIS is where I want the majority of my energy and heart to be invested - In living my life and blogging about it. I don't know why I want to do this aside from the important fact that my heart feels pulled to it. It's not to gain viewers, or an audience or a community. It's for me. It's for my heart. It's to create a space in this world for me to be me. Fully. Unabashedly. Unleashed. Unrestrained. And Unconventional. The word "Unconventional" takes on a different meaning for each person. For me, "Unconventional Indian" is a reminder and affirmation to myself to drown out the noise of society and of other people, and to focus in on my own voice. It is a reminder to stay true to myself. To stop seeking permission to be me. To live as I please and to remind myself that it is my inherent right to live as my heart pleases. It is a reminder to honor my Life in the way that it wants to be honored. My Life has a voice. I am a vessel for that Life to express itself. That is where my Joy lives.

Comments